AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday 5 May 2010

everything changes

this last year has been a roller coaster. up, down, up, down, way down, loop d' loop. there have been many factors that have caused this amusement park quality of life to reign at our house. the factor i want to blog about is the one that i am personally responsible for.

writing this, i am on the cusp of 36. by cusp i mean three days away. to some, i will still be in my mid-thirties. to me, i am in my late thirties sprinting towards 40. a year ago this month, i started having a great awakening. it began with my health/weight and spiraled out of control from there. i don't know if it was a midlife crisis, but it was something. i needed change.

so, change i facilitated. i have lost weight (and am still loosing), quit my rat race job that made me feel so disconnected from my family, completely altered the way i eat, am on the road to spiritual recovery, accepted wholeheartedly what my outward appearance has always wanted to be, reduced our living to the bare minimum, and embraced simplicity.

i am so excited about where this new path is going to take us. tim and i have so many dreams and thoughts that we are kicking around. dreams that will help us to live even more simply, more freely and more naturally. peace.